MALMÖ BREAKING SIGNATURE
MALMÖ BREAKING SIGNATURE
BREAKING FESTIVAL IN SCANDINAVIA
From the 20th to 23rd of July 2023, in two of Malmö’s unavoidable cultural locations: Fryshuset and Sofielund Folkets Hus, will be held the Malmö Breaking Signature (MBS), a Breaking festival which brings together leaders and organizations from the worldwide Hip-Hop and Urban Dance community. The two founders; Fryshuset and Breaking Association Malmö want to contribute to the democratization of the Breaking and its professionalization in Sweden but also in the whole world.
🎉 1st edition – July 20 to 23, 2023 🎉
Welcome to Malmö Breaking Signature. A cultural gathering that unites leaders and organizations from the worldwide Hip-Hop and Break dance community.
A place that attracts hundreds of dancers and enthusiasts from all around the world to showcase their skills, knowledge and passion for the culture!
Each day of the festival as its own theme
MBS is non-stop mood of good vibes and good times. A progressive forward thinking festival showcasing the relevance of music, art, fashion, creativity, Battles, cyphers conversation, and entrepreneurship within the worldwide Hip-Hop and Urban Dance community.
MALMÖ BREAKING SQUARE
In addition to the activities and shows, a unique outdoor site featuring a variety of hiphop-themed stands will be set up throughout the event!
This village, called ”Malmö Breaking Square”, will be located outside Fryshuset and will feature many of the creators of Malmö’s urban scene, such as clothing brands, a vinyl store, thrift shops, a ”stamp your own t-shirt” workshop and an open graffiti wall.
This space is dedicated to the press. Here you can find all the documents and materials necessary to communicate on MBS.
This space is dedicated to volunteers. You will find all the documents and information needed if you want to help us during the festival and access to a unique behind the scene experience!
📍 Indoors and outdoors
- Main location | Fryshuset > Norra Parkgatan 2a 214 22 Malmö
- Secondary location | SofieLund Folkets Hus on Saturday 22nd July > Rolfsgatan 16, 214 34 Malmö
🚆 Take the train
- SJ | national and international service, reduced prices for under 26yo and over 65yo, usually free for under 15yo.
- Skånetrafiken | application to buy train tickets between Kastrup/Copenhagen Airport and Malmö Triangeln.
- Flixbus | to Malmö Central, then take bus 5 or 32 to Folkets Park.
🚘 Car or car-sharing
- Follow E4 from Stockholm or E20 from Göteborg.
- Carpooling | via Facebook groups Samakning or Skjutsgruppen.
- Malmö by bike | to use Malmö public bikes.
- From Copenhagen airport (Kastrup), take the Öresund train to Malmö Triangeln.
⏱ Opening hours
- Fryshuset | everyday from 1 pm to 8 pm.
- Sofielunds Folkets Hus | on Saturday, July 22, from 1pm to 7pm.
🥯 Eating and drinking
Remember to bring your water bottle! Here are some of our recommendations for nearby restaurants and bars:
- Fryshuset’s bagel restaurant and kaffe ⇢ bagels and coffee
- Babylon Grill ⇢ falafels
- Möllans Falafel ⇢ falafels
- Jord ⇢ bowls and smoothies
- Far I Hatten ⇢ pizzas and drinks
- Opopoppa ⇢ pizzas and drinks
- Scandwich ⇢ sandwiches
- Coop ⇢ supermarket
- Grand ⇢ drinks
- Babel ⇢ drinks
- Boulebar ⇢ drinks
- Sallys ⇢ drinks and fika
😴 Where to sleep
- HOTEL N Hostel Malmö City
- Scandic Triangeln
- Unity Malmö
- 🎟 Do I have to buy tickets for the shows?
No, there are no ticket booths. All battles are free entry.
- 💵 Is it free?
Yes, all activities, battles and shows are free. There is a charge for food and drink and for shopping at the Malmö Breaking Square (flea market).
- 🤸♂️ How can I take part in the battles, and who are they for?
The battles are open to everyone, novices and professionals alike, subject to availability. Registration takes place from 1pm to 2pm at the main venue, Fryshuset.
- 💳 How do I pay at Malmö Breaking Square (flea market)?
Payment is specific to each stand, with the option of paying by bank care or via swish.
- 🧑🏽🦽 I’m disabled, is it accessible?
Yes, the buildings are designed to accommodate anyone with reduced mobility.
- 🎤 I represent an artist and would like him or her to take part. How do I go about this?
If you would like to participate in the programming of the next edition, please contact us here: email@example.com
- 🛍I’d like to be an exhibitor at Malmö Breaking Square (flea market), how do I go about it?
If you would like to exhibit at the Malmö Breaking Square (flea market), please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 🤝 How can I become a partner or sponsor of MBS?
To become a partner or sponsor for the next edition, please contact us here: email@example.com
- 💁🏽♀️ I’d like to volunteer, how do I go about it?
To help us as a volunteer, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 🔜 Will there be other editions of MBS in the future?
We hope this edition will be the first of many!
📪 | Based in Fryshuset, Norra Parkgatan 2a 214 22 Malmö
⇢ Partnerships and sponsoring | Arturo Castillo
⇢ Programming | Arturo Castillo
⇢ Event managing and volunteering | Solenne Veron
⇢ Public relations (press, media, partners) and communication | Ambre Pilet
⇢ Graphic Design | Auriane Marx